Friday, January 15, 2010

The Yoga Dork

It is now more than two months since my back injury, and I am still far from recovered. I keep going to yoga when the pain lessens, and the yoga keeps inflaming it. I'm such a dork when it comes to yoga. I feel better when I take time off, but guilty for not going. So I go, innocently enough, but end up paying later. It's hard because my upper body feels better after class. What kicks off the low back pain are all the poses requiring extension - cobra, locust, full locust, camel... I never thought the floor series would be more challenging than the standing series!

I really need to be better about icing it, drinking water, eating my fruits & veggies. Hopefully doing those will bring the inflammation down for good. I said a prayer of gratitude for my credit cards the other day and bought a Vitamix. Healthy slurpees, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment